Experience 3 Years
LH002 Security Assistant (1 position)
Duty Station: Hargeisa
Availability: As soon as possible
Post Category: Assistant
Group Classification: 3
Reporting Line: The Security Assistant will be under the direct supervision of appointed Mission Security Officer (MSO) and will report directly to him/her.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
**· To assist the MSO in the preparation and implementation of the Mission Security Plan;
· To gather, report and advise on security related information as guided by MSO, including any necessary translation of documents;
· To liaise with national authorities, service providers and relevant organisations as required;
· To effectively liaise and interact with other departments within EUCAP including other duty stations as required;
· To provide security coverage for Mission Members and official guests or visitors to EUCAP, in close cooperation with MSOs, the Armed Protection Team (APT) and Visiting Close Protection Officers (CPOs);
· To Liaise and coordinate with Special Protection Unit (SPU) to support Mission activities;
· To assist in security response actions, as tasked by the MSO;
· To carry out and assist with security-related administrative tasks, including the maintenance of relevant administrative forms, databases and rosters;
· To assist in the implementation of security advisories and instructions as disseminated by the MSO;
· To assist the MSO in monitoring compliance with the Minimum Security Operational Standards (MSOS) for EUCAP;
· To assist with security briefings and trainings, as required;
· To perform general driving duties as required, involving light and armoured vehicles;
· To be responsible for the routine maintenance of assigned vehicle on regular bases including daily service and maintenance checks;
· To participate in the vehicle management which incorporates control of mileage, fuel, damage to vehicle and road accidents;
· To ensure accuracy of log books for assigned vehicle;
· Contribute to mission reporting in the area of competence;
· Contribute to the identification of lessons and best practice in the area of competence;
· Take account of gender equality and human rights aspects in the execution of tasks;
· Perform any other tasks assigned by the line manager.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
**· Successful completion of secondary education attested by a certificate;
· Professional qualification in security-related field OR equivalent military/police training;
· After having fulfilled the education requirements, a minimum of 3 years of professional experience in the same field of work;
· Valid EU category “C” driving license or equivalent.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
**· Ability to drive vehicles with manual transmission;
· Demonstrated basic knowledge of security systems;
· Excellent level of spoken English and Somali, with the ability to express ideas and concepts clearly;
· Strong sense of confidentiality and discretion;
· Must be able to express ideas and concepts clearly and concisely and to communicate effectively orally;
· Punctuality, reliability.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
**· Previous work experience with an international organisation;
· Proven experience of driving armoured B6 vehicles, otherwise a requirement to undertake a training course;
· Ability to work under stress and willingness to work long or irregular hours and still deal helpfully and courteously with all contacts;
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
· Ability to work independently and harmoniously with colleagues and as part of a team;
· Good interpersonal and communication skills.
**· Mandatory requirement to pass security clearances and medical checks.
How to apply
Applicants need to satisfy the legal requirements for employment in Somaliland.
Additional information and application form are available at https://www.eucap-som.eu/eucap-jobs/