Job ID 2321
Experience 5-9 years
Action Against Hunger-USA is part of the Action Against Hunger International network, which provides humanitarian relief in over 40 countries worldwide in the sectors of nutrition, health, water/sanitation, and food security. Action Against Hunger-USA, an independent NGO, currently manages operations in 7 countries: Kenya, South Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Ethiopia, Haiti and Somalia. Action Against Hunger-USA has approximately 1,500 staff based in the various country offices, Head Quarter in New York City and Operational Centre in Nairobi. Additional growth is anticipated.
HR Manager will be expected to oversee the recruitment process, design /Review Organization policies and set objectives for the HR team. The HR Manager will also help shape our employer brand strategy. To be successful in this role, the Candidate should be familiar with HR technology, including payroll systems and HR information System.
KEY ACTIVITIES IN YOUR ROLE WILL INCLUDE:
- oversee the recruitment process; Manage the recruitment and selection process from gap identification to reference check at the Mission Level.
- Coordinate with the Field HROs to provide Support in Recruitment Process.
- Take lead in preparing forecast required by HR department considering work permits, visas, Taxation ,advances salaries etc.
- Maintain the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all National positions.
- Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance
- Assess training needs to apply and monitor training programs as well as suggest Improvement to Staff Development Initiatives.
- Advice Managers and supervisors to ensure compliance with internal policy as well as staff regulations
- Report to management and provide decision support through HR metrics
- Management of day to day issues related to Human resource
Our Core values.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate Action Against Hunger-USA’s five core values
Respect– we work with compassion and dedication, treating everyone the same way we expect them to treat us.
Integrity-: we believe that being honest and fair is integral to every aspect of our work. conducting our work with a spirit of sincerity, truthfulness and transparency is imperative.
Creativity-we encourage new ideas, embrace innovative solutions, and create opportunities for meaningful and exciting ways to do our jobs and provide solutions to address the needs of the populations we serve.
Excellence– we strive to provide services that meet and even exceed the expectations of our stakeholders (populations in need, staff, communities and donors).
Empowerment– we are committed to fostering an environment in which our staff, partners and communities where we work have the space to grow, develop and feel confident about participating.
Gender Equality Commitments
- Ability to foster an environment that reinforces values of women and men, and equal access to information.
- Provide a work environment where women and men must be evaluated and promoted based on their skills and performance.
- Respect beneficiaries’ women, men, children (boys and girls) regardless of gender, sex orientation, disability, religion. race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, or marital status.
- Value and respect for all cultures.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR Management or related discipline preferred
- At least 6 Years Progressively responsible experience across all HR disciplines, including employment, benefits, compensation, employee relations, training and development, workers compensation and conflict resolution.
- Proven working experience as HR Manager or other HR Executive
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases
- Demonstrable experience with Human Resources metrics
- People oriented and results driven
- In-depth knowledge of labor law and HR best practices
- You have experience of managing the HOMERE software system.
- You have exceptional organization, time management, and attention to detail.
- You have very good communication & training skills.
- You are able to work in a stressful environment, taking initiative & prioritizing multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- You have Knowledge of MS Office Suite (high proficiency in Excel); comfortable working with computers with minimal IT support.
- You have a Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented.
- You have a genuine interest in & commitment to the humanitarian principles of Action Against Hunger.
- You think strategically defining and communicating goals, also being genuinely committed to helping others to achieve the organizational objectives.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work both independently & as a member of a team
- You have proven ability to model core Human Resources values of confidentiality, fairness and discretion .
Action Against Hunger-USA provides all staff with an attractive salary & benefits package. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Action Against Hunger-USA complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
How to apply
Applications, including CV with cover letter and 3 professional references to be sent via email to: email@example.com not later than 27 September 2022 clearly mentioning the position on the subject line; Human Resource Manager (Somali Nationals)
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ the best-qualified talent